The global halal industry is likely to grow between USD 3 trillion and USD 4 trillion in the next five years, from the current estimated USD 2 trillion, backed by continued demand from both Muslims and non-Muslims as well. Realizing the importance of halal industry to the global community, Academy of Contemporary Islamic Studies (ACIS), Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM), Malaysia and Sultan Sharif Ali Islamic University (UNISSA), Brunei will be organising 4th International Halal Conference (INHAC) 2019 with the main theme “Enhancing Halal Sustainability'.
ACIS is one of the faculty in UiTM, which is the largest university in Malaysia. Over the years, ACIS has played a pivotal role in promoting halal activities in the industry and academia. In Malaysia, ACIS pioneers halal education programs at the tertiary education levels including Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree and postgraduate in Halal Industry Management.
ACIS has successfully organised three series of INHAC in 2012 (Kuala Lumpur), 2014 (Istanbul) and 2016 (Shah Alam) at three different venues. Therefore, this 4th INHAC will be held in Osaka, Japan on 22nd - 23rd April 2019.
Abstract Deadline: 7 February 2019 15 February 2019 CLOSED
Notification of Abstract Acceptance: 1 week after abstract submission CLOSED
Early Bird: 15 January 2019 CLOSED
Participant Registration: 15 February 2019 CLOSED
Full Paper: 15 May 2019
"Enhancing Halal Sustainability"
22nd - 23rd April 2019
Osaka University Nakanoshima Center, OSAKA, JAPAN
- Academy of Contemporary Islamic Studies (ACIS), UiTM
- Sultan Sharif Ali Islamic University (UNISSA);
Japan Society for Halal Science and Technology (JAHAS)
- Centre for Global Initiatives, Osaka University, Japan
- Malaysia Department of Islamic Development (JAKIM)
- Halal Malaysian Development Corporation (HDC)
- Muslim Professional Japanese Association (MPJA)
- Japanese Muslim Foundation (JMF)
English, Arabic, Malay & Japanese
#All accepted papers will be published in one (1) of the journals below:
- SCOPUS Global Journal Al-Thaqafah (GJAT);
- SCOPUS The Malaysian Journal of Consumer and Family Economics (MAJCAFE);
- Springer; or
- Indexed Mycite Journal (Journal of Contemporary Islamic Studies - JCIS)
#Only selected papers will be published in the SCOPUS journal with additional fees.