Academy of Contemporary Islamic Studies - ACIS is an academy that serves as a faculty. ACIS offers a variety of programs and courses based on Islamic measures in UiTM.
Programs and courses offered in ACIS include PhD, Masters, Bachelor and Diploma with specialization in Islamic areas. These areas include:
• Contemporary Islamic Education
• Halal Industry
• Economics and Islamic Finance
• Humanities and Social
• Civilization and Civilization
• Sharia’ and Law
• Administration and Management in Islam
• Islamic Art
ACIS believes that everybody needs good moral values as an element of excellence through integrated education for a successful life.
ACIS aim to be the center of unity of knowledge, Islamic thinking and understanding on behalf of the development of ummah.
Program for Diploma of Halal Management is the latest of which was introduced by UiTM in line with the current needs of the country. Halal field is a critical area and is crucial in the development of the industry. Graduates of this program can penetrate the nutrition management, service, hospitality & tourism, quality management, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, finance and entrepreneurship.
The program will also produce semi-skilled workforce that can meet the needs of the country towards realizing Malaysia as an international halal hub and center of Islamic finance globally.
In addition, Diploma of Halal Management graduates can continue their studies to degree level in a relevant field existing in UiTM and other institutions.
Candidates must meet the following conditions:
SPM or equivalent recognized by the Malaysian Government with FIVE (5) subjects including Bahasa Melayu / Malaysia and History.
SPECIAL PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS:
1. SPM AND EQUIVALENT
Meet the general university requirement with a distinction in the subject:
• Islamic Education / Tasawwur Islam / Quran al-Sunnah / Sharia’ Islamiah
• Pass Arabic / Advanced Arabic / Arabic for Communication
• Pass in Mathematics / Additional Mathematics
2. UiTM’s PRE DIPLOMA
Lulus Naik Taraf(LNT) Pre Diploma in Commerce (PD002 / PD003) and Pre Diploma of Science (PD007 / PD008) from UiTM.
Honors in Islamic Studies / Tasawwur Islam / Quran Al-Sunnah / Sharia’ Islamiah in SPM.
Graduated Arabic / Advanced Arabic / Arabic for Communication in SPM.
3. APEL (Accreditation of Prior experiential learning)
• Pass MQA (aptitude test in the evaluation of the portfolio).
• Not less than age of 20 years old in the application.
• Experience working in a related field for at least five (5) years.
• Pass the interview at the faculty level.
MODE AND DURATION
2 ½ years (5 semesters)
For further information, please contact:
Tel: 03-5544 2667 / 2677 /2364 / 2670
Fax: 03-5544 2367 / 2668