Academy of Contemporary Islamic Studies - ACIS is an academy that serves as a faculty. ACIS offers a variety of programs and courses based on Islamic measures in UiTM.
Programs and courses offered in ACIS include PhD, Masters, Bachelor and Diploma with specialization in Islamic areas. These areas include:
• Contemporary Islamic Education
• Halal Industry
• Economics and Islamic Finance
• Humanities and Social
• Civilization and Civilization
• Sharia’ and Law
• Administration and Management in Islam
• Islamic Art
ACIS believes that everybody needs good moral values as an element of excellence through integrated education for a successful life.
ACIS aim to be the center of unity of knowledge, Islamic thinking and understanding on behalf of the development of ummah.
Program for Diploma in Muamalat is the newest course which was introduced by UiTM in line with the current needs of the country. Muamalat is a critical area and is indispensable in the development of the Islamic finance industry. Graduates of this program can venture into banking, finance, insurance, takaful business, Islamic capital market, financial consultant, investment and halal industry.
The program will also produce semi-skilled workforce that can meet the needs of the country towards making Malaysia as a global financial center and an international halal hub.
In addition, graduates of Diploma in Management can continue higher studies in various fields in UiTM and other Higher Education Institutions.
Candidates must meet the following conditions:
GENERAL CONDITION :
SPM or equivalent certificates recognized by the Malaysian Government with FIVE (5) subjects including Bahasa Melayu / Malaysia and History.
SPECIAL PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS:
1. SPM AND EQUIVALENT
Meet the general university requirement with a distinction in the subject:
• Islamic Education / Islamic Tasawwur / Quran al-Sunnah / Sharia’ Islamiyyah
• Pass Arabic / Advanced Arabic / Arabic for Communication
• Pass in Mathematics / Additional Mathematics
2. UiTM’s PRE DIPLOMA GRADUATES
Lulus Naik Taraf (LNT) Pre Diploma in Commerce (PD002 / PD003) and Pre Diploma of Science (PD007 / PD008) from UiTM
Honors in Islamic / Islamic Tasawwur / Al-Quran Al-Sunnah / Sharia’ Islamiyyah in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia
Passed Arabic / Advanced Arabic / Arabic for Communication in SPM
3. APEL (Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning)
• Pass MQA (Aptitude Test In The Evaluation Of The Portfolio).
• Not less than age of 20 years old in the application.
• Working experience in a related field for at least five (5) years.
• Pass the interview at faculty level.
MODE AND DURATION
2 ½ years (5 semesters)
For further information, please contact:
Tel: 03-5544 2667 / 2677 /2364 / 2670
Fax: 03-5544 2367 / 2668